Sunday, August 8, 2021

.NET Upgrade Assistant

 This evening I have found win-image-crawler have no ability to write long path for a destination in Windows. But I need a test data for tomorrow morning. It could be possible with Linux, but original crawler tool have .Net Framework 4.5 project type. After MSDN answer I got new tool, saver of my day:


.NET Upgrade Assistant

The result Is excellent, the tool also port all packages with right .net core versions:




Of course, It ask me 10 questions (I answer with defaults for me),  and also it produced .NET 5.0 version, I need to change back to my Linux package 3.1. But it complete runnable project it 5 minutes. I think I need to spend additional half of hour tomorrow to migrate all my old pet projects too.

Here are steps current .NET Upgrade Assistant Preview ask:












The kind of old good console interaction, thank you, Microsoft!

No comments:

debug magazine archive

  71 jounals still available on issuu with great story of netlabels time.  debug_mag Publisher Publications - Issuu