Sunday, December 15, 2019

Theia IDE for my arm chromebook

I will say right away, it is not possible to compile Theia nodejs project locally in my chromebook XE303C12 because gcc is old for dependencies code. In spire of I can not compile OJet tooling for me because phantomjs have no arm architecture to build. But I think I should never give up with my tiny hardware because limitation is also inspiration.

Theia is in browser IDE similar to Visual Code, so that I can host my OJet project in free Oracle computed node and enjoy programming on my thin laptop, the experience look like:

To compile Theia:

curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.33.5/install.sh | bash
 
restart terminal
 
nvm install 10
 
npm install -g yarn
 
mkdir my-app
 
cd my-app
 
Create package.json in this directory:

{ "private": true, "dependencies": { "typescript": "latest", "@theia/typescript": "next", "@theia/navigator": "next", "@theia/terminal": "next", "@theia/outline-view": "next", "@theia/preferences": "next", "@theia/messages": "next", "@theia/git": "next", "@theia/file-search": "next", "@theia/markers": "next", "@theia/preview": "next", "@theia/callhierarchy": "next", "@theia/merge-conflicts": "next", "@theia/search-in-workspace": "next", "@theia/json": "next", "@theia/textmate-grammars": "next", "@theia/mini-browser": "next" }, "devDependencies": { "@theia/cli": "next" } } 

yarn --registry https://registry.npmjs.org

yarn theia build
 
yarn theia start /my-workspace --hostname 0.0.0.0 --port 8080
 
 
 Thank you Theia for it project may help to programming in cheap environment I can found only in emergency situations.
     

No comments:

debug magazine archive

  71 jounals still available on issuu with great story of netlabels time.  debug_mag Publisher Publications - Issuu